free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 3 June 2013

U is for Unique, yet United

I find it fascinating how a group of people will take a prompt - say, something featuring the letter U - and each find his or her UNIQUE take on it. At the same time, that collection of unique individuals can UNITE to make a most UNUSUAL whole, that being the ABC Wednesday blog each week.

It put in my mind the song United We Stand by Brotherhood of Man [LISTEN], clearly a group from the 1970s, based on their apparel.

The phrase "united we stand, divided we fall" likely came from an Aesop fable, though it has gained a lot of political currency in the past couple centuries.

Oh, if you haven't already, please check out the post UNDER this one, regarding comments.




13 comments:

  1. I love this image and am pleased to see any photo that promotes diversity and unity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I love ABC Wednesday - thanks, Denise, for creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love that picture. Great write up too. U it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture and take on the letter U.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for "U" Thanks for hosting, visiting, and monitoring...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank "U" for this very nice post - I love the Unique image you found too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're getting near the end of the alphabet, folks. What will V-Z bring. Also, I'm looking for a theme for the next round for my city daily photo ABC Wednesday. I've done A-Z city streets, neighborhoods, people, environmentally friendly, non-profits........... any ideas folks? The nice volunteers at ABC W, who diligently comment, keep me coming back. Hats off to you!

    Janis
    Greensboro Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roger, we're leaving Friday morning for Brookings OR for the birth of our 12th grandchild. Will be gone for at least a month. Will probably get back in time to start the new round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will welcome you back when you return, Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am terribly "behind" but will be posting an ABC tonight, and again have one planned for next week. Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice that I browse your blog site and I was happy seeing your post. Unity is the magic word that should always be present for each and everyone. I hope you can visit my site soon.

    ReplyDelete